Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My Samsung Galaxy 3 8" tablet has developed a display fault.

My Samsung Galaxy 3 8" tablet has developed a display fault. Pictures are displaying the wrong colours and text is distorted in some parts of the screen, particularly in the information bar at the top. It responds apparently normally to inputs but difficulty in interpreting the display makes it unusable. I am a responsible adult and haven't mistreated it in any way and have only had it since Christmas 2013. Do you think this is likely to be a reparable fault?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!
It is something that can be fixed by a local repair shop since it is not under warranty anymore but before I send you to a local shop, let's try something...
Plug in your tablet and while it is plugged in, hold down the POWER BUTTON for 30 seconds until the tablet restarts. After the restart, try using the tablet.
Let me know if it still has the screen issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry. I'm not clear where you mean me to plug the tablet in. The computer Im using now is an iMac so the tablet isn't really compatible with it. I have tried restarting it several times though without plugging it in anywhere

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Prilly,
Plug in the tablet so it can charge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Josh

Had tried that. Tablet is fully charged but I have tried doing what you said whilst the device is plugged in and it hasn't sorted the problem either.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, you will have to take it to a local repair shop then if that did not work. They will be able to fix it for you.