Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I SENT MY PROBLEM EARLIER, BUT MY DAUGHTER ARRIVED AND I THOUGHT

Customer Question

I SENT MY PROBLEM EARLIER, BUT MY DAUGHTER ARRIVED AND I THOUGHT SHE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP ME, BUT SHE HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SO I'M ASKING IF YOU CAN HELP ME REGISTER MY KINDLE AND ALSO CHANGE LANGUAGE FROM CHINESE TO ENGLISH.
ALSO WHEN I buy a book on my old kindle it is not being delivered.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

let me know if you have tried to register the kindle and what step have you followed.

Michelle :

let me know the model number of the kindle you are having problem with.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

THE KINDLE I AM TRYING TO REGISTER IS AN HDX6.

Michelle :

are you getting any error while registering or you want to how to to register the kindle.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

THE KINDLE NOT ACCEPTING BOOKS I AM BUYIND DIRECT FROM IT IS AN ORDINARY KINDLE BOUGHT TWO OR THREE YEARS AGO,NOT SURE OF ITS OFFICIAL NAMEWANTING TO KNOW HOW TO REGISTER, I'VE TRIED DOING AS PER INSTRUCTIONS ON AMAZON HELP PAGE BUT I IS NOT DOING WHAT IT SAYS IT SHOULD!I'D BE SO GRATEFUL OF YOUR HELP IS IT NOT EASIER TO DO IT OVER THE PHONE AND TALK ME THROUGH IT STEP BY STEP

Michelle :

hold down the power button for 35 to 40 seconds the kindle will reset

Michelle :

wait for another 3 mins before turning it back on as it will shut down as you try the reset step.

Michelle :

try to download ebooks after this.

Michelle :

you must have alerady registered the kindle when you got or are you trying to use it for the first time.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

YES IT HAS TURNED ON, FIRST WITH THE AMAZON SYMBOL, AND THEN FIRE CAME UP NOW IT IS TOTALLY BLANK

Michelle :

its must be fine now

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

trying to use it for the first time, although I've tried to turn it on 3 times but everytime I cannot read it is in Chinese

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

there is nothing on screen to indicate what I should do next

Michelle :

to change the language i will help you

Michelle :

is it on chinese right now

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

no nothing on screen at all

Michelle :

is it a brand new kindle

Michelle :

can you slide your finger from the top to bottom

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

I've just pressed the on switch againand there is a downwards arrow at the top which if I drag to bottom it brings numbers accross screenand they have now disappeared, but pressed on switch again and back to numbers again with the word PIN next to som chinese symbols

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes done as per last message

Michelle :

this looks like the kindle is locked is it asking you to enter some kind of password.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes it is a brand newkindle

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

no it hasn't asked for a password ***** all and I've searched through the box to see if there was anything inside with this sort of instruction, in fact instructions on use are minimal, and I'm feeling like throwing it out of the window, so frustrated I am with it.!!

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

what do you mean when you step out of chat?

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

so where do I go to get a password? not sufficient info given.

Michelle :

if i am on another page a or screen the chat shows stepped out so dont mind for that.

Michelle :

you will have to reset the kindle to factory default to make it working i will give you the steps now

Michelle :

are you ready to follow steps

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

your ansere section has vertually disappeared and I'm having difficulty seeing your replies, my phone number is ***** 238373 if that would be easier

Michelle :

Press F5 key on the chat screen and let it reload

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

on the kindle, I don't have a key F5

Michelle :

not on the kindle

Michelle :

i belive we are chatting on a computer.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

on a tablet so no key F5

Michelle :

ok you are on a tab no problem can you read it now

Michelle :

i will give you few steps to follow

Michelle :

do you get the number keys appear on the kindle as it asks you to enter password

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes one line at a time

Michelle :

slide the kindle to get into the numberic pad option

Michelle :

enter password ***** hit ok one by one for 5 times

Michelle :

on the 5th attempt you will see a reset option appears on the screen.

Michelle :

hit the reset you will see the kindle will then reset to factory default and once done let it reboot and you will be good to go.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes I have the numbers on screen

Michelle :

enter number any number and try it for 5 times

Michelle :

after you enter wrong password ***** 5 times you will get an option box which you can push to reset

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

no option box just the number 17 which looks like a date square then a round picture in a square boc and an envelope shape with all chinese symbols accross side of screen and under boxes

Michelle :

did you try to enter wrong password ***** 5 times

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

nothing has been in English since I first opened up this device, I find this such a frustrating way of trying to find the answer

Michelle :

it doesnt matter

Michelle :

all you need to do is enter password ***** times no matter its chinese

Michelle :

then you will get 2 button on chinese after 5 tries

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes I did try putting in a number 5 times

Michelle :

select the second option which is the reset option

Michelle :

what do you have on the screen right now

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

yes I've put in the number five times again, and two chinese symbols appear above the block of numbers, and I touched the second symbol and nothing happened the screen has now gone blank I'll have to switch on again.

Michelle :

let it be off

Michelle :

hold down the volume up and down button together dont release them

Michelle :

while holding the volume button push the power button and as you see kindle comes up release all the 3 buttons

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

I cannot carry on with this I'm going to send back the Kindle to Amazon let them sort it out or gve me mymoney back and I do not think I should pay for this chat session which has been unsatisfactory, thankyou Michelle for trying. I realise it wasn't a ery easy problem to soles

Michelle :

if you are unable to follow steps i am sorry for this, you can contact the customer care as billing is handled by them.

Michelle :

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us?target=phone

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

you are asking the impossibl e of me as I only have one hand, I had a stroke and my left hand is totally immobile. you've really pulled the short straw with me sorry Michelle.all good wishes, bye for now Angela Sedgwick (*****@******.***)

Michelle :

thank you for using our service have a good day.

JACUSTOMER-hlihbsh9- :

where do I find customer care details, please send email with dtails. thanks