Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle has suddenly changed the date to THU,JAN1 and time

My kindle has suddenly changed the date to THU,JAN1 and time to 2.15 and if Itry to play a game an error comes up and tells me to download app again but then can't contact Amazon
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem solved !Thankyou!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.