Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have no other questions right now but if you can provide

I have no other questions right now but if you can provide an answer to my last email in which I asked if you could spell out step-by-step how to transfer my AOL Favourites list from my old hard disk which was removed from my previous Windows Vista computer about a week ago before that computer was hacked by a fraudster, and transfer this Favourites file to my new Windows8 computer I will ask the local computer engineer who sold me my new computer to do it for me. He may not be familiar with AOL.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

First off, please connect the old hard drive (containing the AOL data, i.e. Favorites) to another system, and then carry out the following steps on that system:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options, then click on the View tab. Select the "Show hidden files and folders" option, then click Apply > OK.

Next, navigate to the following location on the OLD hard drive (not on the system drive): C:\ProgramData\AOL\C_AOL Desktop 9.X\ (There might be multiple AOL versions listed; select the one that you were using earlier)

In the "C_AOL 9.X" folder, right-click on the "organize" folder listed, then copy it over to an external hard drive or a flash drive.

Finally, connect the external drive to your current system, enable "Show hidden files and folders" as before, and then copy the "organize" folder to the exact same location on the current system. There will be an existing "organize" folder already in that location, so make sure to replace the existing folder with the copied "organize" folder, when prompted.

Re-open AOL Desktop thereafter.

This will bring back ALL of your old AOL data, including your accounts and Favorites, onto AOL Desktop accordingly.

If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service accordingly. Thank you!