Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I hit a wrong key yesterday when loading a new version of Windows

Customer Question

I hit a wrong key yesterday when loading a new version of Windows 7, and as a result hve lost all my emails. Is there any way of retrieving any of them?
This is sent from an older computer which I think has Windows 98!
Regards,
Brian Crosby
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email service you were connecting to Brian?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, my old computer switched itself off - twice! The computer I lost them from used Live Mail, a system I do not like. This computer uses Outlook Express.

Brian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Brian
this would have though connected to an email service such as Hotmail, Gmail ect
Its this service I need to know
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,