Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My three month old new computer hard drive collapsed on me

My three month old new computer hard drive collapsed on me ( not my fault!), and my professional had to reset the whole machine.
As result I lost my KINDLE reader and the 4 or 5 kindle books loaded on my computer - the only way I could read my books.
Can I obtain a replacement reader and all my books (all purchased via Amazon) : if so on what terms?
Richard Malim
The Courtyard 45 Roya York Crescent Bristol BS8 4JS
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Michelle :

the books cannot be recovered from your computers harddrive as it has already been formatted however you can recover the ebooks from a kindle device.

Michelle :

Connect your Kindle to your wireless network.

Press the "Home" button to return to the main screen.

Select "Archived Items" with your 5-Way navigational button.

Highlight the book you wish to recover.

Press right on the 5-Way button and then press its center button to start the transfer.

Michelle :

you may give it a try using your computer by following the steps given below.

Michelle :

Using a Computer

Step 1

Log in to your Amazon account.

Step 2

Point to "Your Account" and click "Manage Your Kindle."

Step 3

Click "Actions" next to the title you wish to recover and select "Deliver to My." Alternatively, select "Download & Transfer Via USB."

Step 4

Select your Kindle from the drop-down menu and click "Deliver." The book will automatically download to your Kindle the next time it connects to the Internet. If you chose to use the USB option, select your Kindle and click "Download." You'll then have the option to save the file, which you can directly transfer to the Kindle when its connected via the USB charging cable.

Michelle :

let me know if you have any question.

Customer:

I am using my computer as the kindle reader and the computer as reset has no kindle on it. I have done step 1 but do not have the instruction "manage your kindle"

Michelle :

please follow these steps

Michelle :

Using a Computer

Step 1

Log in to your Amazon account.

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

let me know if you have any question.

Customer:

I have done step 1 but cannot find "Manage your kindle" in step 2

Michelle :

would you like me to remote access and walk you through the steps

Customer:

I have done step 1 but cannot find "Manage your kindle" in step 2. At the moment I do not have a kindle reader on my computer. I need (?) to download this first, I think

Customer:

Yes please

Michelle :

Customer:

Yes please

Michelle :

click here

Michelle : Join Your Remote Desktop Session

How Remote Desktop Works

1. Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.

2. The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.

3. Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.

4. After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.

Michelle :

Problem fixed using remote access