Joshua C.
Joshua C., PC Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with over 10 years of experience.
18519760

i am trying to download all my videoclips from the hard

Customer Question

hi i am trying to download all my videoclips from the hard storage of my pansonic SDR H280 to a mac pc but haven't got the original cd that came with it can anyone advise me if i can download it ? thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joshua C. replied 2 years ago.
Joshua C. :

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you today.

Joshua C. :

The SDR H280 is able to transfer files to a Apple Mac Laptop/Desktop using a USB cable and the menu settings on the camera

Joshua C. :

The CD that came with the SDR H280 was for Microsoft Windows computers only and it is noted on page 85 of the manual

Joshua C. :

You can access your video files by connecting the SDR H280 to your Mac using a usb cable. Once connected the USB menu will appear on the SDR H280's viewing screen and allow you to connect.

Joshua C. :

Your files will then be accessible on your Mac

Joshua C. :

If you would like to edit the video files using your Mac you will need to convert the files to DV format.

Joshua C. :

You can do this by using a third party program (free) avalible from http://www.squared5.com/

Joshua C. :

Or by purchasing an official apple app inside the quicktime app store

Joshua C. :

Estimated cost is around $20 for the app purchase from apple

Joshua C. :

To recap:

1) You do not need to install software to transfer files between your camera to your Mac.
2) A usb cable is needed to transfer the files from your camera to your mac
3) To edit your video files on your Mac you will need to convert them into a format iMovie or other Mac software can read.