Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

On 12/13 March I had a screen message to say that google was

Customer Question

On 12/13 March I had a screen message to say that google was changing. I couldn't access anything using my password. It said that the password ***** been changes 11 months ago but we have absolutely no recollection of this happening and have had no previous problems. Also it says that the email for auto recovery is wrong - doesn't exist, therefore i cannot change password.
17th March I tried google.com/acc/recovery and was told that an email had been sent to *****@******.***. I cannot recover this either.
Could you let me know what details you require to help sort this out please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please, the recovery email that is set. Have you ever had access to this in the past?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Over the years I have used the following emails.

*****@******.***

*****@******.***

*****@******.***

*****@******.***

This last address has been in use for a considerable time with no problems until 13 March 2015

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Maureen.
For your privacy, we block email addresses here, so I only see
***@******.***
But thats ok, I just need to know please
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by recovery email but in response to the change on 14 March I entered *****@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you mentioned in your initial message here
"17th March I tried google.com/acc/recovery and was told that an email had been sent to *****@******.***. I cannot recover this either. "
This email that the recovery was sent to, did you ever have access to it in the past?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just given my visa details. Does the remote cost me more than the mentioned £28?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is an additional service, but it optional Maureen.
Else I need you please to carefully read the message I keep sending to you.
I will again repeat it below.
you mentioned in your initial message here
I only offered the additional service as your not answering this question.
Can you please specifically answer it so I can help you