Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my nook has died to restart is asking password ***** have

my nook has died to restart is asking for my password ***** have no idea
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you do not know the password, you will need to reset the Nook.
To do this, please do the following
1.Ensure your NOOK is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off
2.With your NOOK powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.
3. Your NOOK will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOK (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code
4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset
5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm
6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKc however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew
Let me know the results please