dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I discovered on holiday that the playback on my Sony TRV900

I discovered on holiday that the playback on my Sony TRV900 would not show any picture. It had been recording, I had to wait till I got home and found that I did have pictures on the tape. What happened there, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
dresteve2000 :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

dresteve2000 :

Could you explain exactly what you mean by "not show any picture"?

dresteve2000 :

Was there any output at all? (such as the menu screen)?

Customer:

When I played the film already taped, there was no picture at all. But it had recorded on the tape. I didn't try the menu screen. It has never done this before, and I was afraid to take more film with that camcorder, so used another camcorder which had a card, no tape.

dresteve2000 :

I understand

dresteve2000 :

Do you have another camcorder that accepts tape by chance?

dresteve2000 :

So you can attempt to see if there is in fact recordings on that tape?

Customer:

The playback works perfectly on my other Sony, and have tried it again on the TRV900 with no response.

dresteve2000 :

I see, well unfortunately your TRV900 might be out of service for some reason...

dresteve2000 :

Do you see any indications at all that it is on/

dresteve2000 :

Any lights or anything of that sort?

Customer:

No indications of any sort. Everything else seems OK. Unfortunately I didn't have another tape camera with me on holiday, so had no wy of knowing if I had actually got pictures.

Customer:

I know now that I did, so perhaps I could still use the camcorder and hope for the best.

dresteve2000 :

Yes...it seems like it's working...but I would definitely recommend looking in to getting it repaired/serviced or replaced.

Customer:

Thank you very much - will consider that.

dresteve2000 :

I hope I was able to help you today.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the smiley faces below would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!