John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

what do I press on my HP ENVY 4500 e All in One Series Printer

what do I press on my HP ENVY 4500 e All in One Series Printer to make a photo copy
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
John :

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir/Ma'am thanks for joining the chat.

John :

Are you trying to print a photo copy from the document you have am i correct?

John :

Note: - Type your message in the chat box below then press enter to send it or click on reply to send it so that I can see your reply

Customer:

yes

John :

Thank for confirming.Is the document you need to copy on the scanning bay?

Customer:

yes

John :

Also make sure the printing paper is loaded on the tray too

Customer:

ok

John :

Good. now can you see copy option on the printer display ?

Customer:

No it is blank

John :

You mean the printer display is blank ?

Customer:

Yes

John :

Make sure the printer is powered on?

John :

let me know the color of the power button also is it flashing ?

Customer:

It is.The blue light is on.

John :

OK press the home button and see the display on the printer shows anything on it?

Customer:

Not flashing

John :

Customer:

It shows copy

John :

Good now press copy then select Copies

John :

select the number of copies you needed

John :

did you get so far?

John :

once you had selected the number of copies select OK to confirm then Press the button next to Start Black Copy or Start Color Copy according to your desire and that will make the copy

Customer:

It now reads Printabiles but no choise of number off

John :

i didn't get you could you please explain

Customer:

I did not see where to state the number off

John :

what is the screen you get after you pressed copy

Customer:

Printables but i have now seen that thekey 3 or 10 should dictate the numer

John :

OK please try up and down key to select the copies and check it

Customer:

Have just tried 3 and 10 but not showing number off but quick forms.Sorry for the delays but the printer is in another room.

Customer:

have now moved it. Would it have effect that my PC is unworkable and is frozen at this time

John :

working on the printer wont make the PC unusable.were able to make the copy now

John :

i mean were you able to make a copy now? i apologize for the typing error

Customer:

The Printer screen has now gone blank.

Customer:

No print has been made

John :

Ok power off printer then wait for 20 seconds then try again
Press home button then press on copy button then select Copies select the number of copies you needed using the up and down keys on the printer then select OK to confirm then Press the button next to Start Black Copy or Start Color Copy according to your desire and that will make the copy

Customer:

This back to the beggining as I do not know which is the copy buttin and by pressing copy I goet Printablse and by pressung that I now have Wireless

John :

one moment

John :

OK do you see the up and down button on the printer

Customer:

yes but the printer screen has now switched off

John :

press the power button and it will show the display screen.do you have the user manual of this printer with you ?

Customer:

I have now got the screen alive and haveCOPY

John :

good select that immediately

Customer:

OK

John :

whenever the display goes off that means its in ideal mode so pressing power button will wake it up

John :

what is the screen now you have after you selected copy ?

Customer:

yes I have what is the instruction book but it is hardly a manual

John :

OK what is the screen now you have after you selected copy ?

Customer:

printablse

John :

other than it says printables does it show any options

Customer:

It lists QUICK FORMS TOOLS PREFERENCSAND WIRELESS

Customer:

AND IT HAS JUST GONE BLANK AGAIN

John :

that is not what we needed.whenever the display goes off that means its in ideal mode so pressing power button will wake it up and shows the display.

John :

can you press the up and down keys and see if it shows any other options

Customer:

ok have now got SCAN

John :

press again and let me know what it shows

Customer:

It now says make sure the printer software is installed on the computerand that scan to computer is installed This installed previously and working off the pc

John :

That is because you were trying to scan to the PC which is not the option we need,cancel that and please go back to the screen where it shows copy and then select it using up and down keys and then press on OK and let me know what it shows?

Customer:

Ithink I AM TAKING UP TOO MUCH OF YOUR TIME AND I SHALL GO IN THE CURRYS TO TRY AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM .THANK YOU FOR TRYING

John :

Sir one moment did you try my above instruction

John :

i mean this one back to the screen where it shows copy and then select it using up and down keys and then press on OK and let me know what it shows?

Customer:

Sorry no I was looking at the keyboard.I will now I tried many buttons and it has now printed thegettng started sheet

John :

You mean it printed a test print instead photo copy ?

Customer:

No not the test sheet but MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR PRINTER telling what it can do

John :

OK did you tried this one go to the copy screen then press the selection key which is the - key see if it shows the number of copies option

Customer:

EURIKA Ihave got a copy. Thank you

John :

Glad to know,do you remember the steps to make the copy

John :

If you want we can make another copy to make sure

Customer:

I had to press OK each time a selection was made

John :

yes you are correct that is how the selection is been confirmed i believe you missed one of my reply

John :

i believe it was because you were going up and down to do the instructions i gave above but glad to know that its working now

Customer:

Thank you John have just printed again. Hope I have not spoilt your evening.

John :

Glad to know its working now.No you have not spoiled the evening it would have been if this didn't get solved

John :

Is there anything else you like to know?

Customer:

Thank you ,no more. Good night

John :

You are welcome.Please rate me using the options just below this box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.