Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have just bought a kindle paperwhite to replace my old kindle

I have just bought a kindle paperwhite to replace my old kindle which was not working properly. I am trying to set it up, but it will not accept what I believe to be the password ***** my virgin Wi-Fi. Can you help me please.
Lea Harris
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Is your Windows 7 system connected wirelessly to your router now? If so, I'll provide you with the steps to retrieve the password ***** the system itself, in my next reply.
Do keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay. Now, in the Windows 7 system, please click on the network icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen on the system tray, then right-click on your wireless network and select "Properties".
In the window that opens up, tick "Show characters" - your network security key will be listed there, and you may use it to connect your Kindle to WIFI thereafter.
If you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service accordingly. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What icon are you talking about

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Are you currently replying to me from the Windows 7 system? If so, may I set up a quick remote session, which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you with retrieving the password?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It may not be Windows 7, but if you wish to connect to me computer, I would be grateful.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Are you using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser?
Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is windows 7, I have checked. Internet Explorer

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I see, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6e5f3104-3a6b-4e5d-a27d-21a7213724f9
Click 'I agree', then download the remote tool when prompted. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.)
OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected.
If you face any issues, just reply back to me below.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your issue has now been resolved via the remote session.
If you could kindly take a moment to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it.