Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have an iphone5 and it has been disabled due to my forgetting

I have an iphone5 and it has been disabled due to my forgetting the password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If you can't remember your passcode, you'll need to erase your device, then use a backup to put your data and settings back on your device.

There are two options available:

Find My iPhone

If you enabled Find My iPhone through iCloud, you can use it to erase your device.

1. Go to icloud.com/#find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup.

If you do not have Find my iPhone setup (which almost all users do) then try these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

After the restore, you will be prompted to restore from iCloud backup. Please select that option and restore from a recent backup to retrieve all of your photos/videos and other data.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great! , I thought, and then the phone displayed "phone disabled". After trying for what seems hours I feel like hitting the bottle, Help !!!!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Peter,

If you were able to follow my steps and the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit