Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

, I have Sony computer which has been fabulous . About

Customer Question

I have Sony computer which has been fabulous for me. About a year ago the computer reverted to the user log on page after about two minutes which, of course is most annoying as I cannot listen to a quite long piece of music or worse still, a film. I have been advised that the problem is residing in the BIOS, and that is the place I really don't want to go, as I know my limitations.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Michelle :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle. I am a disabled person so I am cannot easily get my computer to a shop, and as Sony is going out of the Lap-top business I am quite apprehensive to pass it over to someone I don't know. This Laptop has 6 G of ram, Is about 3 years old and is a lovely machine with a lighted keyboard which is great for me as I do not have the best of eyesight!

Michelle :

Please tell me the problem you are facing with the laptop in a bit more detail.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Any time I go into any application, be it a song or a film or even writing a letter, anything at all, after about 2 minutes, the computer reverts to a blue screen with three things included on the the screen. The main square in the middle of the screen says Barry (Locked) Underneath it asks to switch user. (There are no other users) On the left hand side of the screen there is a small box which I have never been able to understand what this means. I am 70 year old after all!

Michelle :

not a problem the problem will be fixed but if i can see your screen using remote access then it will be much faster and easier for me to identify the cause and fix it right in front of you if that is fine with you. Remote access service is an additional service to your existing chat session which you have opted to with a small additional charge however we provide you a 100% satisfaction guarantee or there is no charge.

Michelle :

let me know so that i can give you a remote link to run.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Not a problem Michelle. I have been advised in the past that the problem is with the BIOS. There are two places I will not go to, to mess with, and that is with the BIOS and the REGISTER. I am sure you will know what I am talking about. Having had computers for nearly forty years, I can fix most problems myself, but this one has me foxed. Michelle, you have my full permission to do what you have to do. Do I need to dis-engage the Firewall?

Michelle :

once i see the problem after i check you computer then i will be able to let you know whats wrong with it. I dont think Bios has to do anything with windows operating system when is already loading fine if there is a problem with bios then the computer will not boot or you will have no display on the computer screen. I can assure you this is not a bios issue however it can be a windows internal files problem, setting or it can be a windows registry error causing the problem, I have a good knowledge in computers as i have experience more that 15 years in hardware and computer software's so you may feel you are in good hands.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Thanks you Michelle

Michelle :

click here run teamviewer remote tool and let me know the 9 digit "your id" and the 4 digit password.

Michelle :

do not close teamviewer.

Michelle :

i see you have stepped out of this chat let me know if there is a problem following any step.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle , I do not understand teamviewer remote tool. >y id is "Barry" and my four digit password ***** *****

Michelle :

look that the teamviewer box top left hand side you will see a 9 digit code let me know that and the 4 digit password

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle, the only code I can see is the following- F8z4cu84- The only four digit code I use is 4475

Michelle :

close teamviewer and reopen it from the program files or it must be on the desktop screen

Michelle :

it says your id which is your ip address

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle. I will write this again the only remote tool I can find is the following F8z4cu84- The only pass number I have ever used is 4475. I am getting tired due to my illness, can you forgive me, and contact me again in a few hours? I am sorry, but I am not very well. Barry.

Michelle :

no problem please post me a reply when you will be online

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle, I have entered the only number I can see on the screen. This is f8z4cu84-. The only number is ***** use is 4475. Excuse me Michelle. can you contact me in a few hours, I don't feel very well. Very sorry, Regards, Barry.

Michelle :

f8z4cu84 cannot be the correct id this is not the one i am looking for.

Michelle :

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle, I am feeling a bit better, can we move forward?

Michelle :

if you want i can remote access and do the job for you after i update the router password ***** then you may try connecting your devices. Remote access service is an additional service to the existing chat session you have paid for let me know so that i can send you a request on your email.

Michelle :

we provide 100% customer satisfaction.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Ok Michelle, I am going to the Hospital for treatment now and will be back about 09.45 British Time. I will call you then, or answer any e-mails you have seen me. Regards. Barry.

Michelle :

Take you time Barry i will be looking forward for your reply.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle, my e-mail is *****@******.***

Michelle :

you can open your inbox and check for jsutanswer email reply me from there.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Will do when I get back Michelle

Michelle :

sure you may.

Michelle :

thank you.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Will do when I get back fro Hospital Michelle, Barry

Michelle :

alright.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, I know you are offline now, please contact me when you are able to help me again.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, please contact me when you are able to give me more advice.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

hjvbi;ughiu]

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, please contact me when you are able to give me more help, Barry.

Michelle :

Hi am back online

Michelle :

let me know the time you could be online so that we can get this fixed.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle. I am on-line now

Michelle :

alright

Michelle :

shall we begin now

Michelle :

open google

Michelle :

let me know when you are there

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Google open

Michelle :

type in teamviewer and hit enter

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Done

Michelle :

hello

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

HI

Michelle :

my internet router went down now its fine and online

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

HI

Michelle :

power failure

Michelle :

is google open?

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Your power failure?

Michelle :

yes

Michelle :

is google open?

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

what do I do now, wait for you to contact me@

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

?

Michelle :

is google open?

Michelle :

type in teamviewer and hit enter

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Yes, I will type in teamviewer and hit enter

Michelle :

now try to open teamviewer website and install teamviewer

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

OK

Michelle :

when installed let me know

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, I have not tried to see if the screen goes of at the moment, But I have an enoumouse

Michelle :

did you install teamviewer

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Google question asker the bottom of my screen instead of the nice Google presentation I am used to in the middle of the sbree.

Michelle :

i think we are not going or following the correct steps

Michelle :

did you install teamviewer

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

I still do not know if the original problem still exist.

Michelle :

if there was a problem it may have delayed however it will come back

Michelle :

i will run few tools to fix it and that will not appear anytime again.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Thank you Michelle if you can do this, it has foxed many people for ages, I did once think of moving to Windows 8, But I have a Windows 8 computer and I quite like it, why should I change it?

Michelle :

i am sorry i have never asked you to change.

Michelle :

we are not changing your windows 8

Michelle :

let me know when you are ready

Michelle :

now i am going to give you a link to click on all you have to do is click on it and run the scan.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

HI Michelle

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, I have just got back on-line on my return from my hospital treatment. I am sorry but I did not receive a link to run a scan. The problem is (obviously) still there. I don't know if this is any use to you, but I have timed the moment when this computer goes into the (User) screen. It is exactly 60 seconds. After that, it doesn't matter what is running, be it a piece of music, or a film, or I may have been writing an e-mail and thought for about a minute what more to say. Whatever it is, the computer goes to the Log-In User blue screen every time.

Michelle :

not a problem you can let me know what time you will be online i will remote access and fix the problem for you.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Michelle, I still have the same problem with my computer going to the "User" screen after 60 seconds. I have am e-mail in my inbox which prompts me to click on a link for Team Viewer. Is this anything to do with your work with me? If so how much would I have to pay for it. I have not clicked on it yet as I am apprehensive about clicking on links which I do not understand. They have cost me much money in the past. Barry.

Michelle :

Hi, i am online now

Michelle :

would you like me to remote access and check

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Yes please

Michelle :

i think our timings are different please let me know your time of availability then we can be online same time.

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, I don't know where you live. I am in the UK and usually have the computer between 8pm and 02.00 our time. Does this help you?

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Sorry, I hit the wrong key,

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Best regards,

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Barry.

Michelle :

will it be fine if you could be online during the early morning Am UK time.

Michelle :

let me know the date

JACUSTOMER-f8z4cu84- :

Hi Michelle, just to let you know that I will be on-line this coming Monday and Tuesday morning from 9am until approximately 5pm. Does that help you? Barry.

Michelle :

Please post me a message and i will be online then.

Michelle :