Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle does not keep the charge. In fact when I connect

My kindle does not keep the charge. In fact when I connect it to the computor the little light comes on and then when I try it it goes off.
I have lost the white wire that came with it to charge the kindle from my computor but I have tried it with a couple of other wires that should work.
Can you tell me what to do please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have done that. It is showing the battery as empty with a pix of the plug underneath and a z

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now leave it connected to the charger for 10 minutes Judith, then repeat the procedure we just did.
Tell me if it now comes on please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes when I have plugged it in the little yellow light comes on and there is still the pix of the empty battery. Shall I come back to you in ten mins?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please, and in ten minutes repeat the procedure we did and tell me the results please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that. unplugged it then did the 35 secs. the green light came on and then went off immediately. It is now just showing the empty battery

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Judith
It is the internal battery that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is three years old so no warrenty. Is there anywhere where I can get a new battery for it or will I have to get another one??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which model Kindle is it Judith and I can get the cost for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

bought in ameri8ca Kindle amazon model no DOT200

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Judith
For this model you are better replacing the Kindle. The replacement batteries are not original and have a short life plus it is very complicated to dissemble the Kindle to get to the battery.
You can get a good replacement for 60 pounds here
Click me to view
Here is also a link with alternative models for you as you might want to consider the color one for 80 pounds
Click me to view
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry