Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My gt-s6810p galaxy fame is somehow locked and I think is

My gt-s6810p galaxy fame is somehow locked and I think is prompting for a password ***** some sort. Nothing was done to set a password. Resetting the device has no effect.

It is my wifes phone and she said it was in her pocket in a pair of tight shorts. When she took it out of her pocket it was acting funny and she started pushing buttons!

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please, is this a SIM lock or screen lock it is saying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On the upper left hand corner there is a circle with a horizontal line thru it. There is a numerical keyboard and above it is a box prompting an input.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Richard
How did you do the reset for the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pushed and held the on button for 10 seconds and the phone restarted as per the manual. I also took out the battery and sim and replaced them and reset the phone again as above.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pushed and held the on button for 10 seconds as per the manual. Also I took out the battery and Sim and reinserted them and performed another reset as above.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we have to do an actual Factory Reset Richard, it is the only way to remove the lock
This is going to remove all data and return the device to new, but this cannot be avoided (it is the whole reason for the security)
To do the reset, please do the following.
Turn off SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME GT-S6810 (S6810P)
Press and hold together : Volume Up Button + Home Button & continue with Power Button (together)
If we see the menu at LCD screen, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset with Volume Button to select and use Power Button to ok or enter.
The SAMSUNG GALAXY FAME GT-S6810 (S6810P) will do the process of restoring to factory default.
Once done, the phone is as new and you can set it up again with the lock removed.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have done that 3 times and the phone just shows emergency calls only key pad and remains locked

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Where you able to get to the recovery menu as part of my instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the instructions can be tricky to do, instead dial *2767*3855# ***** call this which will also start the reset.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried dialling the numbers several times. Cannot dial symbols and the key pad just says try again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you will have to reset it the way I initially explained.
It will work for the Fame unless we have a hardware problem.
Follow the steps in this film which show my instructions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tglJmWKEmQ
Let me know the results please\
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great - done it. Everything seems to be working semi-normal. I was pressing the entire volume button on the left of the phone rather than the up-volume bit of the button. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Richard, sometimes a Movie makes it easier to see
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.