Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Samsung R530aptop shows 'cannot communicate with printer'.

My Samsung R530aptop shows 'cannot communicate with printer'. I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer but still the same. I am very frustrated ! Can you help me please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Has the printer worked before and just stopped working?
And are you connecting via wireless or a cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not want to have a monthly subscription thank you and if that is compulsory please cancel immediately.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No it is not, it is only an option, and is completely optional.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My printer is wireless and usually works well but it has done this before and the laptop says 'cannot communicate with printer'. I am too old for this can you help please

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes I can.
First, remove the power from the wifi router and printer and wait 5 minutes.
Then connect the power to your wifi router and wait 5 minutes.
Power on your printer and then restart your computer and tell me please Mavis if you can now print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After carrying out your instructions unfortunately there is still no communication. I know the printer is ok because it copies & print.

I had an email to say you had taken £28 from my account - will you please put it back if that is so as the problem hasn't been solved and I am not at all happy that you have done that.

Please let me know that this has been done.

Mavis Hudson

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is not a free service....
You get your refund here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do appreciate nothing is free these days but you were unable to solve the problem I asked you about therefore I assumed I wouldn't pay but you had already taken the money.

If you are able to solve it I would be more than happy to pay.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me please Mavis when the problem first started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has done it before on several occasions but come back on after a short while - this time I have tried everything including the suggestions from you. I know the printer is working as it prints 'Printer Diagnostic sheets etc' from the computer & copies & prints.

Unfortunately I have moved recently and my usual computer man is not n ow available so I am stuck!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your wireless router.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BTHub5

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On the back of the hub is a small reset button.
You may need to use a paperclip and push this in for 10 seconds, then release.
Once done, wait 5 minutes, power off the printer, power it on and restart the computer and tell me please if you can now print.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that but unfortunately I am still getting the message 'cannot communicate with printer'.

I think the time is coming to give up!

There must be an answer I think but what?????

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to Start, Devices and Printers.
Right click on the printer and select Remove.
Then restart the computer and reinstall the printer again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean re install with the disc because if so I have tried that twice or is there another way to reinstall

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes with the disk but first uninstall it via the remove method I gave please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have done that twice but I have to go out for a while but will try again when I come back thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I have been so long.

I have just done what you suggested and it is working!!!

Thank you very much for our patience with me.

Mavis Hudson

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would you be please be kind enough to make sure that I am not signed up for a monthly subscription as I cannot afford that.

Your confirmation would be appreciated. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not too sure that I actually sent my last note to you but I have done what you suggested and it is working!! Thank you for your patience with me.

Also could you please confirm that I am not signed up for a regular monthly subscription as I cannot afford that.

Thank you once again.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in responding.
Great it is now working. We just needed to correct the faulty drivers.
I cannot see if you signed up for the subscription. You would have had to agree to it and clicked on it. If your not sure you did, you can email***@******.*** to have this checked.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry