Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My kindle fir hd the screen is locked and my pass code will

Customer Question

My kindle fir hd the screen is locked and my pass code will not unlock it how do I unlock it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this: If you have any cover / case on the kindle, please remove it for now. Then press & hold the power on / off button on the kindle for about 25 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still will not let me in or let me go to home page

Sorry, please make sure you remove the cover / case on the kindle, if there is one (i.e., if you put the cover on the kindle previously)

Did you hold the power button long? Make sure to press & hold the power On / Off button hard for about 30 seconds.

If that still does not work, can you go to Settings / device / account, etc., and reset it to factory defaults?

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,