Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My son gave me a Nook 'day 2014. When I wish to buy a

My son gave me a Nook for b'day 2014. When I wish to buy a book I have to enter WiFi and password. He entered a password, but Nook won't accept it and I can't get any further. Please contact me; can I buy books that are online or only books in your list?
The most important question - Why is my password ***** accepted?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The reason the password ***** ***** accepted is it is incorrect, so we need to get the correct password.
Is there a computer already connected to the wifi network? And if so, is it Mac or windows and which version?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have my computer switched on, the Wifi is on. (Microsoft Windows)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the version of windows please as we can get the password ***** this Anne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my computer is Microsoft Windows connected to Wi-Fi.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but I need to know which version of Windows please Anne, windows 7, Vista, 8?
I can also do these steps for you directly on the computer and get the password ***** this is easier for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why do u need to get into my computer, it's the Nook that password ***** ***** for!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Because I get the wifi password ***** on the computer that you use on the Nook
Else just tell me please the VERSION of windows you are using.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My computer is Version 7

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To get the password ***** the wifi network to enter on the Nook, do the following on the computer
Click Start and type in
wireless networks
press enter
Right click on your wireless network and select Properties
Click on Security
Click in the Box Show Characters and you will see your wireless password *****
Make sure please you are entering it exactly as it is displayed
eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD
Let me know if you still have difficulties please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

whatever I reply, the answer is sent via many Spams!! and we get disconnected. I will try again; My computer is Windows 7, my question is; I need a new password ***** my Nook book so that I can buy. Whenever enter Buy I get request for my password ***** Wifi and Still cannot get in!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click Start and type in
wireless networks
press enter
Click on Security
eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD
Let me know if you still have difficulties please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can't find wireless net work! (I know I'm a dummy about computers!)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You dont find it, you enter it in and press enter
You need to very carefully follow the instructions I am giving you please Anne, exactly as I have listed them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have typed Wireless network, R click but there is no Properties, Security etc. I am as frustrated as u!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You dont right click, you press enter
Anne, your not following the instructions carefully....
Please take a minute and carefully follow the instructions which I have repeated below. Take your time and do not rush it
Click Start and type in
wireless networks
press enter
Click on Security
eg: PASSword ***** ***** to passWORD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have typed in Wireless Network, R click, but Properties, Security etc does not show! Perhaps it would be best if u get into my computer if that's the only way this can be resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I have said; perhaps it would be best for you to get into my computer in order to get this resolved!? Anne

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done these things

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so please give me the ID and Password ***** I can connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my id & password, Anne Browne, I THINK my password ***** my computer is hoppsan20 (or Svensk)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The ID and Password ***** ***** you get from the Teamviewer program Anne once you run it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I could do this if I could find teamviewer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have tried to enter into Teamviewer without success!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I have said, I tried to enter into Teamviewer without success! Perhaps best to contact me on telephone (02082243078).

Whenever I try to access Nook book ordered, I still have go enter WiFi & password ***** the latter you won't accept!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to enter into TeamViewer without success! I have entered details of Nook Books online and ordered one, but have to enter WiFi & password to get further! Without password etc I can get no further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I have said repeatedly; I have not been able to enter details in TeamViewer. I have been in touch with Nook Books online and asked for 2 books, but cannot read either as I keep getting asked for name and password! (The latter is not accepted in spite of entering it online).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I enter the same thing again and again but get nowhere! Please give me a password!