Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a problem on my Apple MacBook Pro where I am using two

Customer Question

I have a problem on my Apple MacBook Pro where I am using two email addresses. Apple support have spent time this morning trying to resolve the conflict and have concluded that it is a Google issue.
The problem is that when I send email from one email address it can be responded to by the other email address. I understand from Apple that the question is related to Server settings for my main email address. Apparently when the server for this is not available it is sending from the server for the 2nd email and then the response comes from the 2nd address.
How do I get this issue resolved ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me a little more information please on what you mean with " it can be responded to by the other email address"
You mean they get an error when they try to reply?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning Richard

My two email addresses are: *****@******.*** and *****@******.*** . E.g. I send an email from *****@******.*** and it arrives with the recipient with the address *****@******.***. When I get a response from the person it will arrive in my Sidmonton53 Inbox - not in Esther.. mailbox where it was originally sent from. Apple support had remote access to my laptop and concluded that it is Server settings that is the problem. It seems esther….. is not sending therefore it sends by default from sidmon…etc and this seems to be the kernel of the problem. Apple resolved any issues with the Sidmonton….server settings and it is sending and receiving successfully. However, the Esther…… email is not sending apparently. This is all I know

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Esther
The issue is the from address you use in your email program
which email program are you using? eg: Apple Mail, Outlook?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

234 465 945

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And the password ***** Esther
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

9 2 4 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Esther but you closed the Team Viewer program.
As per my instructions you need to leave it open.
Please open it again, give me the new password ***** leave the program open.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7181

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you