Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I NEED RANSOMWARE REMOVED FROM MY MAC AIR. IT'S INFECTED BOTH

I NEED RANSOMWARE REMOVED FROM MY MAC AIR. IT'S INFECTED BOTH SAFARI AND GOOGLE. I HEAR IT IS TRICKY TO REMOVE MANUALLY AND HAVE TRIED SOME METHODS SUGGESTED WITH NO SUCCESS. HOW BEST TO PROCEED? COMPUTER WORKING FINE BUT INTERNET IS BLOCKED.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
F8 is for Windows. What do you see on Safari when you start-up the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just the ransomware demand. To pay with Ukash etc.

Okay. Please do this and tell me the results:
1. Press Command + Option + Escape simultaneously. This will open the Force Quit Applications window.
2. Select Safari
3. Click the button that says Force Quit. This will forcefully end your browser program.
4. Then while holding the shift key, open Safari again (click on it’s icon from the dock), and when it opens up reset it completely by clicking Safari -> Reset Safari and tell me the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Kamil,

I am operating as a guest user on the same lap top in safari, so I'll have to log out and back in as me as it were to try what you suggest and get back to you.

Sure. No problem. I wait here for your response. Once we fix Safari, we will check Chrome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Kamil,
Seems to have fixed both.
Do I need to check anything else to ensure removed?
If both are fixed, then nothing else needs to be done. just remember the procedure you went through. And, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the start icon or the smiley face, that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks