Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Packard bell Desk top computer and it is now telling

I have a Packard bell Desk top computer and it is now telling me that drivers need updating could please help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I believe this is one of the scam driver programs that is doing this as windows will not tell you this.
These programs fool you into believing something is wrong and get you to eventually purchase their program
Tell me, what exactly is telling you that the driver is out of date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought it was coming from window but I am sure

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, windows wont say this Gillian.
Check and I am sire you see it as a driver program.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.
Was that a mistake? I have saved you the hassle of being conned by fake software, so I am not sure why your respond in this way.
Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you did not answer my last question

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I did, maybe something went wrong with the one you posted after that?
You asked
"I thought it was coming from window but I am sure"
And I replied
Check and I am sure you see it as a driver program, not windows.
Did you asked something after this Gillian? As I have seen no other messages from you until this one.
Can you repeat it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good morning

I did send another message but I have not been feeling well all weekend '

The message was if it was going to cost anymore I could not carry on as funds are not great as I only get pension.

gillian