Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

New Galaxy s6. Does not recognise my fingerprint, I cannot

New Galaxy s6. Does not recognise my fingerprint, I cannot remember backup password. How can I acces my phone?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that happened. If you have a google account connected to the phone you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager then sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung. If you can not do the above you will have to do a factory restore on the phone> Please follow these steps>

1. With the Galaxy S6 powered completely off, press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power” buttons simultaneously.
  2. When the Samsung logo appears, release the “Power” button, but continue to hold “Volume Up” and “Home“.
  3. When the “Android system recovery” screen appears, release all buttons.
  4. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
  5. Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
  6. Wait for the reset to finish. You will eventually be prompted to “Reboot system now“. Press “Power” to choose that selection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I get to the battery on an s6?
Some models do not have the easy access to remove the battery. You can also do the steps without removing the battery. Please follow these steps>
With the Galaxy S6 powered completely off, press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power” buttons simultaneously.
When the Samsung logo appears, release the “Power” button, but continue to hold “Volume Up” and “Home“.
When the “Android system recovery” screen appears, release all buttons.
Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
Wait for the reset to finish. You will eventually be prompted to “Reboot system now“. Press “Power” to choose that selection.