Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

My kindle fire is frozen. the screen is blank but every few

My kindle fire is frozen. the screen is blank but every few seconds the words kindle fire appears, it flashes blue as though it wants to turn on and then goes blank again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. As long as your Kindle has at least a partial charge please do this: hold down the power button for a full 30 seconds and release. Press the power button again to turn the device on.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification. I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried that with no success

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Please connect your Kindle to a wall charger for 20 minutes, unplug it, then try the procedure again holding power down for a full 60 seconds..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will try, just to say I'm not even sure it's switching off at all.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Do you know which model you are using? There is the Kindle Fire HD or Kindle Fire HDX and also the first generation Kindle Fire.
If after holding down the power button you are still seeing "Kindle Fire" on the screen then the unit is not all the way off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is Kindle Fire HD. Yep am still seeing Kindle Fire on screen but is intermittant.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That flashing can indicate a problem with the battery or the charging port. Are you using the original Kindle charging cable.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Have also tried using the android charger that I use for my phone. no success

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Then you've done all you can do. Contact Kindle Support toll free at +44(###) ###-#### *****'ll probably tell you to plug it in for an hour (which won't help) so just tell them you did that already. They will ship a replacement out to you if under warranty. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives. Until your replacement arrives, your other options are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.
-
I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.