dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

Can I ask a question about Google Analytics?

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Yes, please ask your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kamil,

I have a Google Analytics account set up with events triggered by particular buttons clicks on a web page. I'd like to know if it's possible to see:

- In what % of sessions did someone trigger at least one event?

- How many unique users have visited the site and triggered at least one event?

Here's what I'm looking at:

GA screenshot

Hi Daniel
Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, i will have to opt out for another expert because i have not worked with events in Analytics.
Once an expert opts in, you will be notified by e-mail.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!
So we would need to make a custom event for the request you have.
Are you familiar with creating custom events?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So you're suggesting that I'd need to set up a new custom event and embed it within the code on the site? Like this:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide#SettingUpEventTracking

Would that imply that there's no way to analyse the past data?

Daniel

Yes, you've got it right exactly. Wasn't aware you wanted to look at past data, but no, I don't think it would be possible, just use the custom code moving forward.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A colleague just pointed out that there is an Event/Visit metric. That seems to do what I'm looking for.

Great, glad you were able to find what you needed. Is there anything else I can help with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer I was given didn't really serve my purpose. A colleague did his own investigation and pointed out a better solution than the expert proposed. Sorry!

Sorry I wasn't able to give you the best answer you wanted. You can request a refund if you adjust your rating to "OK Service" and contacting customer care. You can contact Just Answer Customer Care/Billing at these places:Email:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usPhone:US/Canada 1.***-***-****Australia 1.800.679.634New Zealand 0800-452-621United Kingdom 0***-***-****The rest of the world 1-***-***-****
Experience: 10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.