Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

Canon Printer MG7550. I dont seem to be able to print anything

Customer Question

Canon Printer MG7550. I dont seem to be able to print anything directly from my iMac nor iCloud from my iPad. It is apparently connected to the Access Point. Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Are all your devices and computers connected to the same WiFi network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Unplug the printer from power for a few minutes then plug it back in and on the iMac go to System Preferences / Print & Scan and right click anywhere in the left column and go to Reset Printing System then click on the plus sign and tell me if you see the printer listed to add.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes What do I do next ?

If it is listed add it, then try to print

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have printed a document successfully from my iMac but i still cant print from my ipad . it somehow keeps telling me to connect to my printer to Google Cloud Print ? What should I do pls ?

Open Safari and go to any page then click the arrow to Print go to Select Printer do you see the printer listed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its printing but would it now print on iCloud by default from now on ?

No you have to choose it everytime.
That is normal it seems to be working fine now.

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above or I don't get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help Mike. It has been well worth the £13 even though I had to wait for a bit long for the Q&A to commence. Just hope the printer and the Wifi do their jobs now.

OK me too!! You can come back if you have a problem or start a new question here:

askmikethemacmedic.com