Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have recently purchased a 48L355 tv all ok and internet

Hi I have recently purchased a 48L355 tv all ok and internet connected wirelesly when a message appeared last night saying wi fi dongle detected/removed I'm not using a dongle and cant get rid of the message any help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power cable from the wall socket on the TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power and turn on the TV and tell me if you still get this message please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes message still there, tried turning off router for same time, message still there
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** confirms the issue Peter, its the internal wireless card thats faulting, it is losing connection to it and this is what brings the message up.
This can be caused by residue power build up but we have eliminated this as the cause.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have the card replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.