Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Running a Mac Desktop with Yosemite. Is it possible to forward

Running a Mac Desktop with Yosemite. Is it possible to forward iMessages being received from an iPhone to the Mac to either a different iPhone or Mac
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To forward the iMessage, Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and find the message you'd like to copy.
Hold your finger down on the message until you get a popup menu.
Now tap on More....
Tap on the Forward button in the lower right hand corner.
A new message will populate pre-filled with your forwarded text. Just fill out the rest and send it and it will then be forwarded.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. Perhaps a bit more explanation.

I travel quite a bit and iMessage from my iPhone to my Home Mac. I really want to be able to automatically forward the messages received on the Home Mac to my partner's phone but I need to keep a record on the Home Mac

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that is not possible sorry, it has not auto forwarding possibilities like emails do Michael.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK....thanks. In that case....can you tell me if it is possible to get a better resolution when screen grabbing on a Mac. This is one other solution for capturing the messages, but the resolution is not sufficiently sharp to read them.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Press Command + Shift + 3
This takes a screen shot
how does this look?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's much better than Command+shift+4. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.