Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

how can I know whether or not my smartphone has been physically

how can I know whether or not my smartphone has been physically tampered with when I leave it somewhere unattended? either by physically opening the phone up, or plugging in a usb to steal information or install malware? Are there any apps that detect this, or any methods that I can use to detect this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What is the make and model of your phone please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there thanks for replying.I am actually willing to get any that will allow me to do this reliably.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, any Samsung phone running Android can show this eg: Galaxy S5 or S6
Then you install the app Last Installed Apps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.laurentiugh.mylatestapps&hl=en
This app will show you Any apps that have been recently installed, so you run this app and check if anything was installed. No matter the app it will show here.
Plus, enable the screen lock on the phone and this will prevent anyone actually doing anything on the phone as it will be locked with a password. And the only way to remove the password ***** ***** reset and wipe all data on the phone, this is something that you will notice.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks. and how about a way to detect physical tampering of the phone, say by opening up the back cover.

Is there any way or method that I can use to detect this? I am interested eve if it is something that I will have to take some time to learn. thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing you can do with opening the back cover, there is no spare space at all to insert anything, the back would not close.
But the only way to detect that would be to use some tape along the seams and see if it has been broken.