James Dwyer
James Dwyer, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  15 years professional technical experience. IT Consultancy Owner
22586229

I want to record audio from the internet direct to Audacity.

I want to record audio from the internet direct to Audacity. I have a Macbook Pro running Yosemite. Also I have Soundflower. I have been successful in the past with this however the problem has always been that I can't hear what is being recorded so it's a matter of guesswork when the audio from the web finishes.
Is there a way I can listen to what I am recording at the same time as recording?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James Dwyer replied 2 years ago.
well here are the directions straight from audacity. http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_mac.html
as for listening at the same time, without "stereo mix" I'm not sure how you would do it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

'Transport' was the missing element....Thanks

hooray another one for the win column. please hit accept, and enjoy your morning, positive feedback is always smashing too
please accept the answer as its the only way I get paid
Hi There
This is James from Just Answer.Com I came up with an answer for your mac/audacity/recording problem. Just wanted to check and see if you could hear while you record, or if you had any other issues. if you do, request quontrex as that is my working name on here, they had too many james's

James