Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

MY BROTHER LC1240 PRINTS OUT BUT MISSES WHOLE SECTIONS IE LEAVES

Customer Question

MY BROTHER LC1240 PRINTS OUT BUT MISSES WHOLE SECTIONS IE LEAVES BLANK IN A COLUMN
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit and give it a shake few times. install it back and try to print and let me know if that helps Let me know how old is the printer and when did you last replaced the drum unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is an ink jet printer and it is about 6 months old it does not have a toner cartridge

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

My apology i was mistaken with Brother HL-1240. go to the printers properties by opening the printer and drivers folder then right click on the LC-1240 printer icon and select printer properties. Go to the advanced tab and there you will see maintenance click on it and select head cleaning and clean the head 2 times and then try to print and let me know the status how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no maintenance tab ??

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
LC-1240 is the cartridge model number please give me the exact model number of the printer.
If you want i can remote access and run the head cleaning and you can sit back and watch me fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mfc-j6510dw is on the screen

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
does your mfc-j6510dw has a touch screen or it has push buttons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

push button do you want to do the remote thing ??

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Press Menu.
Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Ink or Ink Management and press OK.
Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Test Print and press OK.
Press the Up or Down arrow key or the dial pad to choose Print Quality and press OK.
Press Color (Colour) Start. The machine will start printing the Print Quality Check sheet.
Once it prints out, check the quality of the four color blocks on the sheet.
The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK.
Do one of the following based on the print quality of the check sheet:
If all lines are clear and visible, choose Yes to finish the Print Quality check and go to STEP 13.
If you can see missing short lines as shown below, choose No and go to STEP 8.
print quality
The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK for Black and each of the three colors. Choose Yes or No depending on the print quality of each color.
The LCD will ask you if you want to start cleaning. Choose Yes. The machine will start cleaning the necessary print head.
After the cleaning is finished, press Color (Colour) Start. The machine will start printing another Print Quality Check sheet.
If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried to clean the print head less than five times, choose No and return to STEP 8 to repeat the print head cleaning. You should complete the Print Quality Check sheet and print head cleaning process up to five times.
If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried cleaning the print head up to five times, press Stop/Exit and if the problem is still there the printer head needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOW DO I GET TO EITHER STEP 8 OR 13 ??

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Step 8 The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK.
If all lines are clear and visible, press Yes to finish the Print Quality check and go to STEP 14.
If you can see missing short lines as shown below, press No and go to STEP 9.
Step 13: The LCD will ask you if the print quality is OK.
Do one of the following based on the print quality of the check sheet.
If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried to clean the print head less than five times, press No and return to STEP 9. You should complete the Print Quality check and print head cleaning process up to five times.
If the print quality continues to be poor and you have tried cleaning the print head up to five times, press Stop/Exit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I AM AFFRAID THAT I AM UNABLE TO ACT ON YOUR ADVISE AS I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS ANY OF THE STEPS YOU ARE DISCRIBING - HOW DO I GET TO A LED INFO THAT SAYS STEP 8 OR 13

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will remote access and will do the steps.
open www.teamviewer.com and install teamviewer let me know the id and the password ***** will connect and runt the cleaning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I HAVE CARRIED OUT THE CLEANING PROCESS BY GOING TO INK MANAGER AND SCROLLING DOWN TO CLEAN ON THE SCREEN WERE THERE ARE ONLY 3 OPTIONS AND I HAVE CARRIED THIS OPEREATION OUT AT LEAST THREE TIMES IT IS NOT IMPROVING THE PRINTING OF THE DRAWING AT EITHER a4 OR a3 IT IS NOT THE CLEANING PROCESS COULD IT BE THE DRAWING FORMAT ???

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
to verify that i would like you to print a picture a full page photo on an A4 page and let me know if any section misses out or you get patches.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oNE STEP AHEAD OF YOU HAVE TRIED THAT AND THERE IS NOTHING MISSING ON FULL a4 SHEET FROM EXCEL FORMAT AND WORD FORMAT

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if anything is not missing on A4 that means the printer is absolutely fine and you need to check the settings on the printing of the drawing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I AM SORRY DO NOT THINK WE ARE GOING TO RESOLVE THIS THROUGH THE PRINTER IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE ECONOMICAL FOR ME TO RE-DRAW THE ITEM, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I AM SORRY WE WERE UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE SITUATION - MARTIN

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not the printer as we have tried to print on A4 which you said it printed fine and nothing missing. The problem is diagnosed with the settings of your drawing and i have no expertise in your drawing. you have posted your question regarding printing which we have already tested that the printer is fine so you will have to work on your drawing.
Let me know if you have any question.