Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I am trying to copy a video to a DVD but my HD Writer application

I am trying to copy a video to a DVD but my HD Writer application keeps freezing. What can I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know the operating system installed on your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
please tell me the problem in a bit more detail.
you have a video on your computer which you are trying to burn it on a dvd disk is that correct and you are getting error while trying to burn.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is basically correct. I have edited some video in HD Writer but when I go to "Copy to Media setting the programme freezes and I get the message "HD Writer has stopped working" and the programme closes.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Is the HD Writer and external device connected to your windows 8 computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The HD Writer is a programme on my computer. It is a Panasonic programme to work with video recorded and downloaded from my Panasonic video camera.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
thank you for the details.
let me know if you are using 64 bit windows 8 or 32 bit.
let me know the error you encounter if any while running the HD Writer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

64 bit windows 8. The error I have already explained is that the programme stops working a few seconds after I select the "Copy to Media" function

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
open the link given below and check if the version Panasonic HD Writer is compatible with windows 8 32 bit or not this will clearly explain the problem.
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/info/windows8.html
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Install the updates and then reboot the computer and then try HD Writer from the below link
http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/hd_writer3.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My programme already has the latest updates. I think I shall go direct to Panasonic to try to solve the problem. Thank you.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
there are many reasons of a software getting frozen that is what i am trying to diagnose and fix.
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it back after rebooting the computer if yes the try to do a right click on the program and select run as administrator. Let me know if that works however i will open the question to other electronics experts in the panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would not like to uninstall/reinstall the programme as I may lose all my videos. I shall try rebooting my computer and then try to run as administrator.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
you videos are saved on a particular location i will never ask you to uninstall and reinstall if the photos or videos gets deleted however you can check the location of the saved videos and backup in an external usb drive just to be on the safe side.
we will not be able to eliminate the problem if we do nor remove the program and then reboot the computer before reinstalling it back.