Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I bought a HUDL 2 on 10/03/2015. I was using it yesterday when

Customer Question

I bought a HUDL 2 on 10/03/2015. I was using it yesterday when there was a bang and the screen cracked and can no longer use it. There was also a smell of burning
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
how old is the is Tab
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I bought it in March this year

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Screen cracked due to physical damage or the circuit indside blow off automatically
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was definitely not physical damage as was using it on my lap and not doing anything out of the ordinary. The bang followed by a crack as screen broke was followed by a smell of burning. Had only had tab on for 20 minutes

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the info as this has nothing to do with physical damage which in this case will cover under replacement warranty.
This is a power hazard you could have got hurt if the battery exploded.
i will give you a number to call and get the tablet replaced for free.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
0800(###) ###-####FREE (Charges may apply when calling from mobiles).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I telephoned as you asked only to be told I must have dropped it and I would have to take photos of the broken screen then pay about £ 80 to have it repaired unless there was more damage then it would be more. I assumed you all worked along the same lines and I do resent being called a liar by a company that is worth millions. I paid £128 for my tablet which is a lot of money to me. I am very disappointed indeed. I know its not your fault

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.

I told you if its a physical damage then its not covered under warranty and if the power within the tablet has exploded and that has shot circuit the unit and that has caused the scree to broke then it is under warranty and you can challenge them that its not a physical damage rather something burst inside the unit caused the screen to crack.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate the answer. I am just very disappointed with Tesco,s who were adamant that I must have dropped it. This just isn't true but I cant go on taking pictures and arguing with their experts. Their experts even had the cheek to ask if we had bought an extended warranty with it as if that would have meant it wouldn't matter if it had been dropped. I know I didn't drop it but they are the experts. I will certainly not be buying a HUDL 2 again, A, I cant afford it and B Tesco,s have lost all the faith I had in them being a customer friendly company. Thank you for the advice any way

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
i will tell you the way who can take care of the issue call the same toll free number and when a representative will answer your call aks him to get you a "supervisor" explain him if he want dont tell him its damaged all you say is you head a pop sound and burning smell/odour and its under warranty all you need is a replacement. Dont tell that the sceen is broken when it will be returned they will automatically come to know that due to shot circuit it blew off the screen. Talk to a supervisor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I will try this

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
feel free to ask if you have any question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No more questions but "Why do they try to make it so difficult and say I am lying?"

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
dont tell them is broken all you say is there was a pop sound and burning smell and its not working. they will create a dispatch for the unit to be repaired or replace.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
No problem.