Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a JVC DLA HD750 projector, 6 yrs old, it has a recently

Customer Question

I have a JVC DLA HD750 projector, 6 yrs old, it has a recently new bulb, it workds fine for around an hour then the projector bulb stops working. The lens cover stays open and will not react to remote.
Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  radioerie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Vince (not Radio, lol) and I would be happy to help you with this. Would you please afford me just a few minutes to familiarize myself with that specific model? I'm pretty sure I know the issue, but I want to be 100% positive.
Expert:  radioerie replied 2 years ago.
Just another moment and I will be confident in my answer to you. Just so you know, i'm leaning at a problem with things over heating. Now when you say the projector bulb stops working, do you mean it blows or it stops then works the next time?
Expert:  radioerie replied 2 years ago.
Well, without the extra information, I have to go with an internal issue with it overheating. Most electronics now days will shut down automatically when they begin to overheat so as not to "fry" the item completely. You can try putting a fan on it and see if that helps, otherwise you may just need to replace it. That pretty much HAS to be the issue, unless you recently changed some settings for it that would make it "sleep" or shut down in an hour. If it's always an hour exactly, that is possible, but not probable. I wish I had better news for you, but if you provide me with more information I can give you more steps to try. Such as: Does it do this after the same exact amount of time goes by every time? Is the bulb blowing out each time? Does it feel warm/hot after or just before it shuts down?Otherwise, I'm going with overheating. Again, I hope this helps and wish I had better news for you. Thank you so much for your time and patience! If there is ANYTHING else I can help you with, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks I think Overheating is logical- but I have cleaned filter etc.

As its an expensive item I though repair might be better.

Expert:  radioerie replied 2 years ago.
Oh I agree, unfortunately I feel that (especially if you've cleaned the filter) age has just gotten the better of it. :-(