Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am getting the error below from my Samsung CPL 360 series

I am getting the error below from my Samsung CPL 360 series printer. Can you help?
SPL-C Error - Including Corrupted Data
POSITION 0x370f (14095)
SYSTEM src_5.59/xl_image
LINE 759
VERSION SPL-C 5.59 05-04-2012
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which version of windows are you using on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Robert.
When were you last able to print correctly from this computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Beginning of April

Printer occasionally gives the same message on self-test

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if it is giving the error on a self test, it usually points to faulting memory in the printer.
We will rule out the computer as causing the issue though.
Can you do the following please
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when you could last print
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
Then try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't got a restore point earlier than that

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did you put a check in the box, show earlier restore points?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes.

And I have just tried to print from a Windows Vista PC and get the same message.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, printing from another computer confirms its not the computers causing this.
Can you remove the power to the printer and your network router and wait 10 minutes.
then connect the power to the network router and wait 5 minutes, then connect the power to the printer and tell me if it now prints Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok

Will do. And then get back in touch

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer is no longer picking up the wireless network.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue Robert
It is the internal mainboard on the printer that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long is the warranty

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It depends on where you purchased it from Robert, but usually 1 year is provided.