Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle fire is 3 years old.Up to a few weeks ago,I was able

My kindle fire is 3 years old.Up to a few weeks ago,I was able to click on any attachments.
Now with every attachment,I get a message -"sorry an error occurred.Please try again.If the error persists there may be a problem with the file you're trying to access"
The attachments are from numerous different senders.
Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry

No success

Max

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
What type of files are these Max?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Typically,they are emails from my golf club with an attachment.There's a paper clip logo and e.g.docx 491kb.

I don't know if I've answered your question!!

Max

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Max
We will have to reload the firmware on the Kindle.
This is going to remove all files and return the Kindle to new, but once you register the Kindle again your books will be available. You will need to add the email account again.
To do the restore, Slide down the top menu and tap "More...":
On the Settings screen tap "Device":
At the very bottom you'll see the option, "Reset to Factory Defaults". Underneath it says, "Removes all personal data from your device."
Tap it:
Let this complete and when it has, setup the Kindle again and add the email account and let me know please if you can now open the attachment.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Reload successful and attachments now appearing.Many thanks

Max

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard reset. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.