Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My credit card registered with kindle is now out of date.

My credit card registered with kindle is now out of date. I updated it on my Amazon account but this new info does not seem to have been communicated to Kindle. I went to 'Update 1-click payment' on Kindle which listed my out of date card and clicked 'update' but this did not work. The same 'Update 1-click payment' window reappeared. It was impossible to effect an update so I cannot buy anything on Kindle now.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and check if it is updated now.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Kindle was not connected to the charger but I followed your suggestion and switched off and restarted - no change, I still get the same window and lack of response when I click on 'Update'.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Which model Kindle is this Peter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Paperwhite about 2 years old

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Update your account via your computer this way Peter
Visit the page for your account - click here to go to this page
- Log into using your Amazon account (the same Amazon account you have registered on your Kindle)
On the right side select "Settings"
Under 'Kindle Payment Settings' (first option)
Click 'Edit Payment Method'
Change your credit card details.
Restart your Kindle and sync it.
It will then be updated
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I 'sync' it?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This will happen when you go to the book store.
It will then sycn your details again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still the same problem, even though I just purchased the Kindle book I wanted on Amazon, using my updated credit card details, I don't find it on my Kindle! I don't have time now to work on this any longer and believe it is a problem with the Kindle. I will not use it in future.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did you send it to the Kindle on the website after purchasing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know. I'll now have to spend time going back to the Amazon site. Sorry. I don't have time. Good bye.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it would be good to complete this Peter as this will be the reason why, but I have marked the question to never close, so when you have time again, please return here, no time limit on this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.