Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle seems to have frozen. I cannot turn it on or off

My kindle seems to have frozen. I cannot turn it on or off I tried to charge it up, after 4 hours it was still orange
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing as happened

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you leave the charger connected to the Kindle now and wait 10 minutes.
Then repeat the instructions we just did again.
Tell me please if it then turns on.
Let me know the results please Margaret
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still the same nothing hapeming

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Margaret, it confirms the issue unfortunately.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry too, my kindle is only 18 months old but out of warranty and where do I send it

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if it is 18 months, then you will need to purchase a new one sorry, as this cannot be repaired (it would cost more then the value of a new Kindle which is why they do not repair this).
But, when you get the new Kindle, when you register it, all your books will be automatically av available again, so none of the books have been lost.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.