Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I HAVE A SONY TABLET S. YESTERDAY IT FROZE. I RESET IT USING

I HAVE A SONY TABLET S. YESTERDAY IT FROZE. I RESET IT USING THE PINHOLE RESET BUTTON. NOW IT SITS ENDLESSLY DISPLAYING THE SOFTWARE LOAD SQUIGGLE SCREEN. ANY IDEAS?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Tablet and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on Tablet.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did as you suggested. The result is the same as before. the squiggle screen is still going.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Power it off
Then hold the Volume UP and Power button and keep it held till it gets you to a menu
Tell me please if you can reach this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I powered it off then simultaneously held down the poer button and volume increase buttons for three minutes. there was no screen response at all. i then released the buttons . i then held in the power button and the SONY logo appeared and went off but then nothing on screen at all.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall when it tries to access the memory.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.