Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

The question concerns iMessage. It would appear that the messages

The question concerns iMessage. It would appear that the messages are not syncing consistently between my iPhone and my Mac. I am running Yosemite on my Mac and have the latest upgrade on my iPhone.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Start with this step please
On your phone click on Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > and look through “you can be reached by iMessage at.” On this stage you should make sure all the email addresses you use for iMessage on your MAC is active on this device as well.
Also you need to do the same things on your Mac. Go Messages > Preferences > Accounts > and there check the boxes for the email addresses and phone number you want to be reached at.
To make sure that everything is going right : all devices receives the same messages check that the identical number and email addresses are active on each device.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes...the settings are identical

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Now send a few messages from the device that is not receiving messages to show its activity.
Are they then syncched?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

These messages synced, however what I have noticed is that there seems to be some inconsistency in delivery. This is not always restricted to the same sender

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It may be internet connectivity issues causing this Michael.
But if the settings are correct as we confirmed, there is nothing more to do this.
What I would advise is reguarly restart the iphone to remove any corruption issues, to do that hold the power and home button on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons.
Let the iPhone restart and its complete.
In additional
On your iPhone click to open Settings > Messages > and toggle off iMessage at the top. Wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
On your Mac, click Messages > Preferences… > Accounts. Make sure iMessage is selected in the left column, then tap Sign Out. Once signed out, wait a few seconds then sign back in.
But if the settings are correct, then do this weekly and it should avoid any inconsistancies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK...will give it a go. I saw online that there had been some issues with Yosemite and I wondered if this could be affecting me.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
There are still some issues with Yosemite but nothing with iMessage synchronization as been noted yet.
But when it happens, let me know please as we can then see more detail on this with some tests.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. signing out for the moment

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry