Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Ny Kindle will not do anything it just says it needs repai

Ny Kindle will not do anything it just says it needs repair
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.Do not skip that even if it is fully charged from you already plugging it in, it is important to do it, it is more for a reset than a charge. It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.Try this at least 6 times. The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried this the open ending page flicks on the thick line moves halfway across the the screen goes back to your kindle needs repair
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
How old is it? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is about two years old and as it was a present there's wasn't extended warranty
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Darn I was afraid you would say that, call either 0800(###) ###-####or call 0870(###) ###-#### ***** it is most likely not covered for repair anymore and they can sometimes cost more to repair than replace but call anyway. Sometimes you can get a discount on a replacement for sending the old one in to be refurbished, If you do replace it do not worry about losing anything. Anything you bought it saved to your Amazon account so once logged into your account on another Kindle you can re-download everything without having to buy it again. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle.