Greg A.
Greg A., Consultant / Engineer
Experience:  Working in Computer/Electronics 25+ Years, Storage Interface Expert
5229702

Landline not working-engaged signal. Broadband is working

Customer Question

landline not working-engaged signal. Broadband is working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, May I ask the Make & Model Number of the phone system you are working with?May I also ask what phone service provider you have for this phone line?And is this the same service provider you have for your "broadband"? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am with talk talk for both phone and broadband. My phone system is Panasonic which keeps telling me to check my phone line

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again and thanks for that information. May I ask if you have a "main box" - sometimes called a Gateway or modem - where you connect the phone cord to get your service? Thanks
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, If you DO have a "main box", what often works to restore your service(s) is to "power cycle" that box, by removing ALL POWER from that box for at least 1 full minute, then reconnecting power. This effectively "reboots" that box, and should restart any services generated.NOTE: It can take a minute or two AFTER the power is restored for the box to come back fully. Once it does, please TEST all the services (internet, phone, etc.) to see if service is restored. If that does not work and you still have internet service, please go to the following "help" page, and try the troubleshooting steps there. http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/phone Please give these things a try and let me know your results - when you can. Thanks, ***** *****