Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Humaz Freeview box (HMR-Fox12) used to stay on widescreen.

Humaz Freeview box (HMR-Fox12) used to stay on widescreen. Now it keeps slipping to screen ratio 14.9.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it doing this on all channels or just one in particular?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All channels.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James
Remove the power from the Humaz and TV and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power back to the Humaz, then the TV and check if you still have the problem.
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I assume you mean by "remove power" simply switch off rather than unplug?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, unplug please, so all power is removed from the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I did that but it hasn't solved the problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Does it stay on wide screen at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does when on the TV channel but not when on the HMDI (Human-Rec) channel which I usually stay on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we need to reset the box to rule out the firmware as the issue.
To do this
Press MENU
Select Settings and press OK
Select Installation and press OK
Enter your password (Default is 0000)
Select Factory Default and press OK
Enter your password (Default is 0000)
Please allow the unit to reboot
Select your language and press OK
Make sure the screen ratio, display format and resolution is to your preferred setting and select NEXT and press OK
Let the channels search and save the results
Select Finish and press OK
Then test and tell me if you still have the problem please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have gone through that process. At the end of it, it confirmed that display was 16.9. But it is still coming up 14.9.

Another point of note is this. It used to be that the sound was at a higher volume on the Humaz-Rec channel than on the TV channel. That now seems to have reversed.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James, its the mainboard in the freeview box thats faulting, is not able to send out the correct signal.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry