Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My Clarion NX502e car entertainment/navigation system does

Customer Question

My Clarion NX502e car entertainment/navigation system does not allow access to navigation - the option is greyed out. It seems I may need to perform a software update to resolve the issue (the versions are all quite old) however the 'Update' option os greyed out under the Settings. Any thoughts on how to proceed?
Many thanks!
Category: Computer
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
You should see MCU and an arrow to the right of it. If it is not red click on it and let it update. If that arrow is greyed out then you should see BT, select the arrow to the right of that and update it. You can also go to this site and it will give you step by step instructions on what to do. Please make sure you have a blank MicroSD card for your update.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
forgot to post that linK; http://www.clarion.com/xe/en/support/software/NX502E/MPU/index.html
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
there is also another link you can go to with Clarion: http://www.clarion.com/xe/en/support/software/NX502E/index.html
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Do not use the MicroSD card that came with the Clarion. You have to use a new blank one at least 256 mb free (more is better).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks,

I had already seen those links from the Clarion site, but as I mentioned I am unable to get to the 'Update" screen as the 'Update' button is greyed out.

I'm sure that if I can get to the Update screen (where red arrows might appear etc) then I can follow my nose to the solution.

The question is how to get to a point where I can get to the Update screen.

I am going to try and attach a photo of the screen, showing the greyed out button in question and the version numbers.

Thanks for replying!

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Question is the MCU and BT greyed out also?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Did you go to the download page and download NX502E_Mpeg.zip to you computer?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
THose files need to be unzipped and then placed on the MicroSD Card.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
AFter you place those unzipped files on your blank MicrosSD card then insert that card into the MicroSD slot then your MCU should come back in REd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm going to try downloading the files and placing them on a blank SD card. We'll see if that re-activates the 'Update button I guess. I will let you know!

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Great, keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello sorry for not replying sooner. Thanks to your pointers I was indeed able to download and install all the updates - thanks!
Sadly it appears I still have a corrupted GPS system and I have been in touch with Clarion. That is not your fault - thank you for your help!