Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I am trying to set up my Samsung tablet and failing at every

Customer Question

I am trying to set up my Samsung tablet and failing at every stage.
I have three enquiries.
1 I want to be able to access the internet while travelling (I have BT)
2 I want o be able to get Google Chrome
3 If it is possible I would like to use home office
Do I need to make a monthly subscription for any of these.
How do I do it?
Do you make a charge for this info.?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Do you have enabled the Internet Service from your BT ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I have a BT Home Hub which I use for my laptops.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you want to access Internet from your home router ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to be able to set up the tablet as per my initial three questions.

i.e; initial set up to get Google Chrome, access while travelling and installation of Home Office and other devices / aps.

Do I need to set up accounts to do this?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, which model of Samsung tablet you are using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Samsung Galaxy 4

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
If you want to access Internet while travelling then, you have to buy a SIM card and enable Internet connection, because you cannot use your Internet connection from home router, while travelling. Now, next is using chrome. You can download it from Google Play Store. But for that, you will need to have a gmail account, which you can sign up for free. Can you explain, what exactly do you mean by "Home Office" ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Are you there ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further information ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I thought I had sent my further queries which go back to the original.

How do I set up the tablet?

For emails. (using my ordinary email address rather than gmail)

For 'Home Office' or any other typing package such as Windows.

For connecting while travelling (for which I have a BT account)

For access to Google. Do I need to pay for an account to set this up, because I certainly do not on the laptop!

Sorry, four more questions.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
As I said before, which you have missed out. You cannot use your home internet while travelling, You have to buy a SIM card and enable internet service on it. If you want to download apps like chrome or anything else then, you have to use Google Play store and you cannot use it without a google or gmail account, so you have to create a gmail account for that purpose. You can configure the default email app on the tablet to access your regular email account. After you enable the Internet service and created the gmail account, you can download chrome from the playstore and then access any website from chrome. Gmail account is free, so there is no need to pay anything to them , but you have to pay BT or any other service provide, whose SIM card you will be using for the Internet service.
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience: Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
First, buy a SIM card for your tablet and enable Internet service on it then , only you can access Internet while travelling. If you want to access Internet at home then, you can connect your tab with the wireless connection in your home. I can help you to do that.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know, if you need any further information or help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating below , as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. No, extra charge will be taken for the rating, as you are a subscriber of our site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your time and effort, but sadly I am not in a position to be able to pay extra.

Every blessing to you and yours,

The Revd. Peter Aves B.Sc. B.D.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
There is no need to pay any extra, as you are already a member. Just give the rating below.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Just scroll down a little bit for the smiley faces or stars and then press or click them for rating and the submit button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Smile

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.