Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have had a Kindle Fire three years, and have been

Customer Question

I have had a Kindle Fire for about three years, and have been delighted with it until about a week ago, when it refused to recharge. I think that the fault is where the charger bit pushes into the machine,
I am minded to buy a new Kindle fife, But am wondering whether Amazon could supply me with one gharged with the books etc in my existing Kindle preloaded, and if so, what this would cost me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and tell me if it charges.
Let me know the results please