Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle will not turn the page or turn off

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Kindle is fully charged. It turned on O.K. but not back to the book I was reading. It seems to be turning pages now and has switched off. I hope it lasts for tonight. Is there anyway I can mark a book as read on my books list, with a tick or a star instead of going into the book and finding I have already read it? If I delete it, it will also delete in my books list in Amazon

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will be ok, it was the firmware that crashed so it needed a hard restart
You cant marked it but if you delete it, it will still be on your account Jean, so you can always add it afterwards again. This would be no problem.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.