Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

There I am not computer literate at all so easy steps if

Hi There
I am not computer literate at all so easy steps if you can help, I bought an old dell laptop on ebay. it had XP pro on it, I was having different problems with it, I bought a windows 7 disc, hoping this would be better, the computer said it did not support windows, I tried to get it back to factory setting, but could not do this as the XP disc was required, I asked the seller for the disk , but when I insert it nothing happens, I now can not access internet explorer or any browser, although I am connecting to the internet, any ideas on how I can get IE back, or get any browser. I know that will be long winded but I don't have a clue, I normally get someone with remote access to help but I cant as it is another computer and I cant get online
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there!
The easiest way to get back online is to download a web browser (e.g. Google Chrome) to a USB memory stick using a different computer - see:
https://support.google.com/installer/answer/126299?hl=en