Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

When I open chrome it does not open on my home page and when

When I open chrome it does not open on my home page and when i do a search it switches me to yahoo search when my default sarch engine is google
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you need to know?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not comfortable with you connecting to my PC

I'm sorry. With remote support session, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Remote support is quicker and easier for you. But since you do not want it, I can certainly provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue. In Chrome, click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner, then click on Settings, then click on Show advanced settings if shown at the bottom (scroll down as needed), then scroll down at the bottom, then click on Reset, and confirm Reset, then check.
Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already done that. No change. When I do a search I can see the google search result for half a sec then I am switched to yahoo search again. If it makes your life easier you can connect to my PC provided I can follow what you do

Sorry, yes, it's a lot easier for me to troubleshooting when connected to your computer. Please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f19ef361-62a9-42a4-9df7-8d9e5b36161d

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.