Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have got a compaq laptop as of recently has become my backup

Customer Question

i have got a compaq laptop as of recently has become my backup laptop, however i cannot for the life of me remember the login password, i cannot even begin why i used the word ' pet ' for my password ***** all i can assume is i was tipsy in charge of a laptop.
Can you please help me retrieve or reset it.Thankyou.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I have followed the procedure below to recover the Windows password ***** few hundred times with no problems. The process is quite simple: You create the cd on a working computer, put the cd in the problem computer, and follow the rest of the instructions below.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your computer's password:
- Click the following link: http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd
- If you are using Windows XP, click the Windows XP download link and save that file.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the Windows Vista download link and save that file.
- Burn that ISO file to a CD. You can use the application found here if you do not have a CD burner: http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home
- Place the CD in the problem computer, turn it off, turn it on, press the shortcut key responsible for the boot menu ( F12, ESC, F10 ), choose the CD-ROM, and boot.
- Choose Automatic and press Enter
- Sit back and allow the program to locate the passwords for you. It may take up to 10 minutes.
Reboot normally.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on a laptop with windows 8.1, the one i want to access is windows seven, i also only have a 32GB sd card no blank discs, how do i go about saving the file as it does not say anything about what drive to send the download to.